Wednesday 12 December 2012

Google says 10226.8, but who cares

Technically, I have just crossed 28 years in my life i.e. when I started writing this post. Nothing big to brag about, but I should be thankful to the almighty, my family and my friends for making these 10,228 days simply remarkable throughout. Never, ever have I had to face a dull moment and (touchwood) I do not have any major ailment currently. Feels completely happy and in peace with myself now, in this amazing campus amidst some really good group of individuals who take me for what I am.

The irony of the day was that my mom called me at around 8 at night, suddenly remembering that as per Gregorian calendar she became a proud mom for the first time 28 years ealier. She had called me up a week before for my original Malayalam birthday (Pirannal). I should be thrashed for the way I answered, but my belief that this was nothing to make a big ruckus about always and I simply didn't show any interest to it. And I knew that she was crestfallen by the tone of her voice towards the end of the conversation.

There was a time when I anticipated for my pirannaal and wanted to have the best Sadya on that day. But all that thrill is gone. This time for a difference I celebrated it with eating Laddu, or as Seema would call it - Laddu Cutting Ceremony, at DehraDun. And life moves on as if nothing much happened.

No comments: