Thursday 8 November 2012

Late night, Caffeine and Some "Me Time"

Its been quite some time since I stayed for an all-nighter. As expected it has not helped me in reducing the work-load drastically, but I sure has made some headway. And just to keep me distracted, I have a book and a cup of coffee. Then it suddenly struck me, why not blog for some time. Its been six days since I posted something. So here goes today's ramblings.

So first of all let me see what is new about life as a research scholar. With my calculated and deliberate (I prefer to call laziness by these terms) procrastination I have managed to make this entire month tight for me. No surprises I suppose. However, of late, I have come to realize that I am growing emotionally. I am trying my level best not to subsume this idea into my mannerisms, but somehow at certain critical junctures it does come in. The only solace is that I still keep my big mouth occupied with blabbering so that most of the others does not notice it at first. Does this signify "coming of age" in a literary sense? The more "me-times" I am able to sneak out is not really helping, and as one of my friend noted, I am sincerely confused. I don't know whether I should go all-out or settle for a balance.

The need for a much greater social acceptance is also simultaneously increasing with a confirmation of serious facebook addiction. I had tried to remedy it with a de-activation earlier this year, but the return to the picture has brought in lot of confusion. Now I should restrict my status updates and shares which should eventually lead to the status quo which existed some 4-5 months back. One more medicine for this disease is going on the service path, as discussed with two of my close friends. I seriously want to do this as it will help me in staying grounded and seeing things in a new perspective. And any time is a best time for this. And as I write, the problem has been temporarily solved using site-blocker extensions in both the browsers.

Now there are some more major issues that I would like to solve, but priority goes to finding ways to return my concentration in academic activities. The journal entries gets a greater priority followed by the TR's and project. The seminar is currently towards the bottom of the list, being tailed only by the sysad activities. Oh and I do have my wiki waiting to be updated. December seems to be a correct month to do this activity. I did want to blabber some more nonsense but the emotionally mature side of me has taken control of things now and tells my hand to type that the current blog entry has come to an end.     

No comments: