Thursday 23 February 2012

Mathru Devo Bhava, Achaarya Devo Bhava!!!

Its nearing the month end and as usual I am soon becoming penny-less, or rupee-less to be exactly. And it had to be at this moment when I am spending some quality his as my time in Kerala amidst field work. Some say that I get good connections running pretty fast and let me thank my lucky stars once more. Had the good fortune to meet yet another knowledgeable person with sufficient contacts and experience in the field to introduce me to the system as it is now.

I have earned the reputation of being too much Kerala-focused when India is something beyond Kerala. But my question to them, though well conceived in diplomacy, is shouldn't I worry about the place where I will be working? When almost whole of next generation is trying to move away from the state in search of greener pastures far and wide, there are only few left to take her forward. And like any other place in the world we have our own basket of problems, may be slightly varied from our counterparts, but severe problems nonetheless.

The state can boast of some of the greatest minds at all these far and wide where we have set our foot. But at present there are very few inside who could be given this title. In those earlier days the social cohesion, at least among the equals, were strong. But the changing nature of the economy has brought it all down. Gone are those days when Teachers were considered the priests in the "Temples of Knowledge". Now a days students have the ability to correct even their teachers.It may be another question if we start asking whether this is the direction that we wish to take. Essentially take-away is the experience that the student get, with the computer or any other technology tool, is beneficial in the long run.

Writing this down at 11 in the night and that too at home is feeling real awkward for me. There are too many things that I wish to pen down. However time and context does not allow it all of a sudden. The directions that I wish to take have to be clearly spelt out now.. Else it may lead to too many complications at home front. There is still sufficient time to mull over all those minor issues. But right now its time to sleep. Hopefully the pain in the ankle will come down.

5 comments:

LS said...

Mathrudevo bhava?? Ethra 'pennu kanal' kazhinju?

Jk said...

Mathrurajyam ennathile "Maathavu" aanu uddeshichatu. And contrary to many misconceptions I am here for actual project work. I had already clarified this part in a mail ;). Pandetho mahanubhaavan paranjathu orma varunnu -
"Daambathyam Dukhamaanunni,
Ekanai nikpathallo Sukhapradam"

LS said...

'Laddu, mixture, chayakudi' project :) Veedukal kayariyirangi angle sprain aayalle? Oru break edukkunnath nannayirikkum,

Jk said...

Paranjatu kettilla ennu parayenda..Oru 3 year break official aayi eduthirikkunnu :D

LS said...

Met Vivek today, looked happy - said he's feeling great after a week's rest for his ears :)