Friday 3 February 2012

Causal Linkages - How Dynamics affect planning?

Today is that day when everything planned turned out from bad to worse. It started off right after 0000hrs when I was woken up for a birthday celebration. This completely killed my sleep and was then awake until 4:30 am looking at different websites related to doctoral research in education and technology. As usual I found very little relevant articles and data for my project. And little did I knew that it was just the beginning.

I then got a 1 hour power nap to be on time for the early morning badminton rendezvous, which took a heavy toll on my physical health, in particular the ankle. This further delayed the trip to Kalaghoda for collecting Heritage Tour tickets. And Murphy would have been happy to see some more data added onto reiterate his world famous law within a span of hours. The 1 hour trip to CST and a further 2.5 hours of wait infront of Rhythm House turned out to be futile as the tickets for the bus ride never arrived the counter from Kalaghoda Art office. By this time I became too tired of walking, which was compounded due to the stress on my ankles. The long wait at KG meant that I came back to campus at around 1:50 just in time for my TA class. This meant that I had to skip lunch and wait for the bus infront of H12 for an eternity and finally reach the class 10 minutes late. And after coming back from 1.5 hours of the class there comes the next thunderbolt - presentations scheduled on 7th and 8th. I couldn't have asked for more. But wait, there is one more - Quiz for tomorrow. Atleast this was known much before, the only add-on is that the bad luck throughout the day has made me give up any attempt of a revision.

I have seen that when I tend to plan things they go wrong consistently. I have not yet tried to look at the dynamics and causal linkages that play a role in this planning exercise. But I am pretty sure to find some if I explore further. The very simple relation that bad fortune right at the start of the day sets tone for an entire day makes me highly skeptic. A lot of these may be psychological as in an ideal environment this should never happen. Or is there something fundamentally wrong with how I plan?

No comments: