Monday 16 January 2012

Meena Kumari and some Ghazals

Never knew till this moment that Meena Kumari was a fine Urdu poet. Listening to her Ghazals now in Youtube. I never really was a fan of the tragedy queen, and my favourites from the black and white era remain Nargis and Madhubala. And now listening to the seductive voice of Meena Kumari, my respect for her grows and what fine lyrics too. The video is uploaded for anyone interested.

  
 An entire collection of Ghazals (8 in number) are also available if searched under the title I write and I recite. Now that I am no longer linked with social network in Facebook, my musings are restricted to select audience (which means only me basically).

And this also means that at this late night I am becoming solitary audience to Abida Parvin, Faida Khanum, Jagjit Singh and Asha Bhonsle singing soulful Ghazals... And on a parting note it will be

"Aaj Jaane ki Zid Na Karo, Yun Hi pehloo main baithe raho, Aaj Jaane Ki Zid na karo
Haaye mar jaayenge, Hum to lut jaayenge, Aisi baatein kiya na karo, Aaj Jaane ki Zid na karo"

No comments: