Friday 6 January 2012

Concert Night to Utkarsh - The Rollercoaster Ride

Two days ago, had an amazing experience watching the Kings in Concert - Hariharan and Shankar Mahadevan. Pure delight and worth every penny that I spent for getting the ticket and reaching there. Some of the soul-stirring and rhythmic that both these maestros have delivered in their career, in a span of 3 hours, is the least that you can ask for while going for such a concert.

And Hariharan just nailed it with his variation of the Mir Taqi Ghazal - "Patta Patta Boota Boota". The lyrics and its meaning are given below for easy reference. If you want to hear the actual video listen to it at - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9D8IodazVI

And how things have moved ever since. Got entry into Utkarsh and most of yesterday was spent on preparing the report, followed by the invasion from the Telgu Army which was followed by a night full of preparation for presentation today. And what a day this has been. Had been waiting in that hall room from early morning looking at how people were being thrashed just as we present our MTPs. But the only difference in this case was that most of them deserved this thrashing. I am not saying this because ours was adjudged the first, but I strongly believe that the amount of effort that was put behind our work was worthy enough to grant us an entry. There were some really good ideas, and I have to get an honest opinion from the judges as to how good our idea was as I myself am a bit skeptical about this whole idea of mainstreaming bamboo house.

And it was the discussions during our idle hours that first made me realize that some people really think that I have some ability and I am surely wasting it. It may be due to the fact that till 2012 I never had the confidence to face life head-on. And it is a beautiful feeling, quite inexplicable. It feels a bit crappy initially but suddenly you get that amazing feeling that you have grown up and are shedding your egos. I always felt myself as a perfect facilitator, but suddenly I am starting to believe that I too have the ability to make changes in many a people's lives. It has not fully sunk in even now, but deep down I know that I am going to move on pretty fast and slowly get into the track of life. Atleast with all those resolutions, 2012 is bound to give me something back.

From day after tomorrow, I will be back into the mode of academic pressures and I want to truly enjoy these two nights to the fullest, not caring about anything and not feeling for anyone. Complete detachment while being attached to everything. Physically, I hope, I can stand the pressures of PG sports and GC matches. Mentally I feel I am at my peak. So 2012 come on, bring it on. Let me see what you've got for me.

And yeah, "The Someone" is still out there and I still am confused on what I have to do???

No comments: