Tuesday 3 January 2012

And the Utsavam starts in Powai

The Powai Temple Utsavam was the major highlight yesterday. Its been long since I have been that close to the percussion and horns. Felt really nostalgic, and the fact that I may miss the Angamaly one this year made it even more special. I think I spent nearly 2 quality hours inside the temple which made me feel real good.

A major let down was the dropping of IDC course. I don't know how beneficial it would have been, but the subject and topics looked interesting. But the mail from Sahana Murthy has given some hopes now. Looking back, it is always at these critical junctures that I get distracted by multitude of factors which does not allow me to concentrate on the major task at hand. This year I shouldn't let that happen. I am nicely falling into a rhythm and if properly planned this can be executed really well for months to come.

I think it is high time I chalk down my priorities. It should give me clarity. First should be the way ahead for my research. Next is raising my level  to stay on track in that way. And more importantly I have to fight all the distractions that are coming up in this process much more gracefully and forcefully. Third is staying fit and healthy for the coming year. The delicate balance between straining myself and sweating myself has to be clearly identified.

Looking forward for an intellectually rewarding 3rd day in 2012. And yes I am keeping "the Someone" very much in "Question" throughout the day.

No comments: